What are AST Macros?

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Tue Jul 13 08:48:30 PDT 2010

Mon, 12 Jul 2010 16:53:12 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

> Brainfuck is basically a toy example of a language.  Nobody uses it for
> serious work.

> Having used php for the last year in my job, there is one thing I
> appreciate: with a language that is focused on string manipulation, it
> is so much better to be able to simply output variables inside strings
> rather than having to exit a quotation, and use a concatenation
> operator.

Php is basically a toy example of a language.  Nobody uses it for serious
work. You just think your work is serious, but it isn't. Php shows what
the world would look like if it was created by an "intelligent designer".

> I don't have much experience with these languages except that in college
> while taking a scheme course, I wanted to create a bonfire out of all
> parentheses keys.

Sounds really mature. "I have no experience with D, it's just some shitty
language with lots of semicolons - yea, lots of semicolons is all I
remember and that after finding Python I've never looked back - Python is
the most native high-performance language I know". You've probably missed
99% of the power of Lisp by only focusing on parenthesis.