Why is array.reverse a property and not a method?

eris jvburnes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 09:30:52 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:

> std.stdio -> std.io
>
> Rationale: stuttering sucks.

Absolutely.

> BidirectionalRange -> DoublyEndedRange
>
> Rationale: bidirectional suggests something that can move *in* either
> direction, whereas in fact the range can be shortened from either end.

It's an improvement, but I believe the proper English prefix for something that is doubly-reflective in that sense is "Duplex".  It's also easier and shorter to pronounce.  Say it with me now:

"DuplexRange"

Keep up the awesome work Andre.

BTW: D really needs some promotional work.  Would there be any chance that you or Walter could give a talk at Google?  A short presentation with a list of topics that could improve D would be great as a way to get Google Summer of Code resources allocated.