What are AST Macros?

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Tue Jul 13 10:15:02 PDT 2010

Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:09:07 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> On 07/13/2010 10:48 AM, retard wrote:
>> Mon, 12 Jul 2010 16:53:12 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>
>>> Brainfuck is basically a toy example of a language.  Nobody uses it
>>> for serious work.
>>
>>> Having used php for the last year in my job, there is one thing I
>>> appreciate: with a language that is focused on string manipulation, it
>>> is so much better to be able to simply output variables inside strings
>>> rather than having to exit a quotation, and use a concatenation
>>> operator.
>>
>> Php is basically a toy example of a language.  Nobody uses it for
>> serious work.
>
> Facebook.

If they paid you as much in the academia, you'd probably enjoy your life
more writing D or C++. I guess this is also an ethical issue, I despise
guys like Zuckerberg who don't respect people's privacy and spy on their
personal data. He probably pays well if you're a famous world class C++
book author, but I'd find my position a bit uneasy.