What are AST Macros?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Jul 13 11:00:14 PDT 2010

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:i1i332$19jl$2 at digitalmars.com...
> On 07/13/2010 10:48 AM, retard wrote:
>> Mon, 12 Jul 2010 16:53:12 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>
>>> Brainfuck is basically a toy example of a language.  Nobody uses it for
>>> serious work.
>>
>>> Having used php for the last year in my job, there is one thing I
>>> appreciate: with a language that is focused on string manipulation, it
>>> is so much better to be able to simply output variables inside strings
>>> rather than having to exit a quotation, and use a concatenation
>>> operator.
>>
>> Php is basically a toy example of a language.  Nobody uses it for serious
>> work.
>
> Facebook.

Nothing personal, but I wouldn't consider any of those social networking
sites to be remotely "serious". They're like the web-app equivilent of PHP -
useless garbage. And just because they're popular doesn't mean they're not
useless garbage - just look at any fad. They're the modern pet rock, and I
hope they die out just as quick. (Again, nothing personal.)