Manual memory management in D2

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Tue Jul 13 14:42:21 PDT 2010

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 00:33:20 +0300, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>
wrote:

> Vladimir Panteleev:
>> ARGHARGHARGH
>
> There is emplace() now. I don't know how much good it currently is.

I know that I can do this manually in other ways, the problem is that this
creates verbose and unintuitive code.

>> * forks D *
>
> I think you can't fork D2 in simple ways, because I think you can't just
> copy the back-end. To fork D2 you probably have to work on the D2
> version of LDC (it's not finished) and then you can modify it. Creating
> LDC2 is a good thing, but probably forking it now is kind of useless :-)

Strictly hypothetically speaking, if I really were to fork D I'd just host
a source repository of the frontend, or publish frontend patches.
Compiling DMD is pretty simple.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net