What are AST Macros?

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Tue Jul 13 15:15:18 PDT 2010

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "retard" <re at tard.com.invalid> wrote in message
> news:i1i1se$ord$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Php is basically a toy example of a language.  Nobody uses it for serious
>> work. You just think your work is serious, but it isn't. Php shows what
>> the world would look like if it was created by an "intelligent designer".
>>

> I want to have that enlarged, framed and mounted on my wall.
>
> ("That's what she said!" Ha h..umm...no...sorry...)
>
> When I first read "Nobody uses it for serious work." I was about to hit
> Reply and object, but the next sentence hit the nail right on the head.
> *I've* used PHP plenty of times simply because I had to, but when you get
> down to it, none of that (and really no web app in general IMO) *really*
> qualifies as serious work. We may get paid to make it, but it's all just
> pointless dinky shit (and most of it's made by amateurs anyway).

I know what you mean.  While I did reply and sort of object by citing
the Magento ecommerce platform as a Php thing that is widely used,
I noted that it (Php) is a sad reality.  As for retard's paragraph
above, taken in toto with all it's subtlety, this is absolutely
brilliant writing. :-)

If retard were to write a book, I would be sure to buy a copy.
I think there must be quite a bit of mutual respect between retard
and Andrei.  Andrei is a brilliant writer also.

Cheers
Justin Johansson