Why is array.reverse a property and not a method?

Tim Verweij tjverweij at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 10:13:59 PDT 2010

On 12 July 2010 21:28, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:

> Andrei Alexandrescu:
> > > sort is all but deprecated, since std.algorithm.sort exists.
> > >
> > > reverse could even more easily be implemented as a library function
> than
> > > sort, it should be removed as well.
> >
> > http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/phobos/std_algorithm.html#reverse
>
> D site can enjoy a page that lists the deprecated D2 features (and
> maybe for each of them lists what to use instead of it), so current
> D2 programmers can avoid what will be removed.

Yes, please. This is not only useful for current D2 programmers, but also
for newcomers (such as myself). Often I use trail and error alongside the
reading of references to learn new languages. If the compiler allows many
language constructs/features that are deprecated, it would be very useful to
have such a list. Otherwise I'm afraid that I will be writing D2 code that
will work today, but will break with a newer more strict version of the
compiler when it arrives. Not that I'm planning on writing huge amounts of
D2 code right now ;-) but I wouldn't like having to unlearn things later. At
least I'd like to keep that to a minimum.

Groet,
Tim