[100% OT]

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Jul 16 13:54:43 PDT 2010

"Jonathan M Davis" <jmdavisprog at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.365.1279305436.24349.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On Friday, July 16, 2010 11:02:29 Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>
>> I'm only familiar with Funimation for their treatment of Dragonball, DBZ
>> and DBGT (and Kai), and as I recall from way back then, they had a habit
>> of cutting a lot out and changing all the music (and the music-changing
>> habit seems to have been retained by Kai, at least partially). Do they do
>> that with their other shows, too, or was that just a dragonball thing?
>
> At this point, they pretty much never cut anything (and you can get uncut
> DBZ
> and the like now too).

I've heard that their "uncut" DBZ series did still cut some things. Or did
they do another uncut? (Not that it really matters. As much as I used to
love DBZ, I got tired of it a long time ago.)

> They did do more editing in the past, but I think that it's been several
> years
> since they really did that on anything. They've come a long way since they
> did
> DBZ.

That's good to hear. The whole anime/manga localization industry (at least
English-localization anyway) seems to have really gotten a lot better over
the years. "Flipped" left-to-right mangas are an ancient relic, and I find
myself going for anime subs less and less: for instance, the English dubbing
on Death Note was amazingly good. I tired listening to the japanese audio on
that, and actually rather disliked it by comparison.