enforce()?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Jul 19 14:01:34 PDT 2010

Steven Schveighoffer:
> That is the cost of allocation schemes that use fixed size memory blocks.
> Especially when they grow in powers of 2.  Tune your app for it, and you
> won't have this problem.

I did know about the power of 2 allocations for small memory blocks, and I know it's useful to reduce memory fragmentation. So I have tuned my code for that, that's why I have several structs 16 bytes long, but now I have to target 15 bytes, that is not a power of 2 :o)

> A design bug *is* an enhancement :)

I see, I didn't know this. Sorry for losing my temper Steven...

Bye,
bearophile