emplace, scope, enforce [Was: Re: Manual...]

Rory Mcguire rjmcguire at gm_no_ail.com
Wed Jul 21 03:32:11 PDT 2010

bearophile wrote:

> Rory Mcguire:
>> Takes 5m26.776s in Python.
>> Takes 0m1.008s in Java.
>
> (I suggest you to round away milliseconds, they are never significant in
> such benchmarks.) Python 2.7 uses its GC a bit better, so it can be a bit
> faster. Your Java code has run four times slower than my slow PC, that's a
> lot. In Java have you used the -server switch?
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

On ubuntu 10.04 64 I'm using `time` to get the timing.
I wan't using -server, with it I get 0m1.047s.

D version gets 0m8.162s using a 32bit chroot environment.

Processor is a core i7 @ (1.6Ghz * 8). 6GB ram.

Interesting thing about the python one is it used 3GB of ram most of the
time.