Manually linking druntime and phobos2

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Jul 23 03:50:08 PDT 2010

When manually calling the linker, which libraries should be linked with
a d object file? If I run dmd with the -v option on Mac OS X, I notice
dmd issues the following linker command:

gcc test.o -o test -m32 -Xlinker
-L/Library/Compilers/dmd2/osx/bin/../lib -lphobos2 -lpthread -lm

which includes library phobos2 but not druntime. I've made D for Xcode
link both phobos2 and druntime in the final executable; this cause no
problem on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) but I have a user on 10.5
(Leopard) who gets duplicate symbols in druntime and phobos2 because of
this.

So now I wonder, is druntime included into the phobos2 library? Is this
how it should be?

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com