Some questions

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Jul 24 11:46:43 PDT 2010

"Ezneh" <petitv.isat at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:i2f8c5$2cca$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Hi everyone, I have some questions about D and phobos library.
>
> Well first of all, what about the issue when compiling a D source in a
> .dll ? Is it ok or there are still some problems ?
>

> Secondly, I will have to communicate with the serial port "RS232" on
> Windows but I don't find something allowing this in the phobos library.
> Maybe I didn't check enough. So is there a way to communicate trough this
> or should I create that library by myself ?
>

> [OT]
> I have bought the TDPL and i like it. Good job Andrei.
> [/OT]
>
> Ez.

D programs can be linked to C libraries, so you should be able to use any
serial communication library you can use in C, you just need to convert the
C header file to D declarations (
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/htomodule.html ). I've heard that
Inpout32.dll can access the serial ports (
http://logix4u.net/Legacy_Ports/Parallel_Port/Inpout32.dll_for_Windows_98/2000/NT/XP.html )
.