Why don't other programming languages have ranges?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Jul 26 01:50:16 PDT 2010

"bearophile" <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote in message
news:i2ibqm$2gsv$1 at digitalmars.com...

> One important problem of C# generics can be solved adding IArithmetic<T>:
> http://www.osnews.com/story/7930

That's one of the reasons I've pretty much given up on C# despite having
initially been relatively impressed with it. They've had that giant, gaping,
and frankly quite easy to remedy, lack-of-IArithmetic hole since C# first
got generics (ie, forever ago), and there's been no shortage of people
complaining about it. And yet, last I checked (numerous versions and years
after the hole was created in the first place), MS still had yet to even
acknowledge the issue, much less remedy it. Not the best management
situation.