Interest in std.algorithm.joiner?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 10:01:29 PDT 2010

On Tuesday, July 27, 2010 08:21:08 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> We have std.algorithm.splitter which splits a range into components
> without allocating a new array.
>
> Is there an interest in joiner(), the corresponding function for join()
> that joins elements of a range in conjunction with a separator without
> allocating a new array?
>

> Andrei

Well, I don't think that I can currently say that I've written an app that would
have liked to have joiner(), but I've definitely used join() often enough.
However, I'd argue that it would be good to add it for completeness' sake, if
nothing else. And it wouldn't surprise me at all to end up writing an app one of
these days that found joiner() to be quite useful. I certainly can't think of
any reason for _not_ having it.

- Jonathan M Davis