FloatLiteral 1f

Alix Pexton alix.DOT.pexton at gmail.DOT.com
Wed Jul 28 00:19:49 PDT 2010

On 27/07/2010 21:46, Philip Trettner wrote:
> Hello.
>
> When I came across the lexical definition of a FloatLiteral I wondered
> how '1f' gets recognized.
>
> The definition says:
> FloatLiteral:
> 	Float
> 	Float Suffix
> 	Integer ImaginarySuffix
> 	Integer FloatSuffix ImaginarySuffix
> 	Integer RealSuffix ImaginarySuffix
>
> Float contains a dot or an exponent, so this cannot be.
> The suffixes for integers are only imaginary, so '1f' won't be
> recognized either.
>
> But the D Compiler compiles fine (as it should be).
>
> Am I missing something or is this a flaw in the FloatLiteral
> definition?
>
> kind regards, Philip

This is one of many discrepancies between the docs and the
implementation. I'm still working on writing productions that match the
code for my visual grammar project. The code isn't that hard to read if
you ever get tempted to take a look, but be wary, it's a little spread
out, not all cases are handled in the same place.

A...