Axiomatic purity of D

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Fri Jul 30 15:49:21 PDT 2010

Justin Johansson wrote:
> To what degree do the author and advocates of the D(2) Programming
> Language believe that it is axiomatically pure and to what degree
> to the naysayers believe that it is conversely impure.  Further,
> does axiomatic purity in a PL really matter?
>
> Thanks in advance for all opinions offered.
>
> Cheers
> Justin Johansson

On the question of whether or not having an axiomatic backing for a PL
matters, I happened across this interesting article by Tony Hoare.

<<
Retrospective: An Axiomatic Basis for Computer Programming

C.A.R. Hoare revisits his past Communications article on the axiomatic
approach to programming and uses it as a touchstone for the future.

http://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2009/10/42360-retrospective-an-axiomatic-basis-for-computer-programming/fulltext

Justin Johansson