eliminating std.range.SListRange?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 05:57:31 PDT 2010

On Sun, 30 May 2010 18:33:22 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu

> The heap is a tad difficult to tackle. Most of the time you don't want
> to create a heap, but instead to organize an existing range as a heap.
> As such, the heap is not always obvious to think of as a container. I'm
> undecided on how to approach this.

It's easier to think of a heap as a single entity with operations on it.
At least for me anyway.

Most of the time, once you make a range a heap, you want to continue to
use it as a heap.  Restricting operations on that range by defining a heap
type around it can do this.  Otherwise, you could accidentally do
something foolish like sort the range.

-Steve