Containers I'd like to see in std.containers

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 12:48:26 PDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 22:27, Mihail Strashun <m.strashun at gmail.com> wrote:

> May be my question will be a bit naive, but what is about
> boost::multi_index approach? I find it brilliant for dividing container
> implementation from various container interfaces - things you guys are
> arguing here about a bit.

My even more naive answer is that I neved had occasion to use it, as I think
I quit C++ before this existed in Boost (but I may be wrong). I read the
docs for multi-index once or twice, though. Did you use it recently?

Hey, I was re-reading Boost::MPL, Fusion and Graph recently and was thinking
that it's be quite easier to do that in D.

Interestingly, on Boost 1.43 (may 6th):

Major Updates

   - Range <http://www.boost.org/libs/range/index.html>: Boost.Range has
   undergone extensive updates that it include all of the features from the
   recently reviewed Boost.RangeEx, from Neil Groves.
      - Range-based version of the full STL iterator based algorithms.
      - Range adaptors which can be combined with range-based algorithms for
      unprecedented expressiveness and efficiency.
      - New functions: irange, istream_range, join, combine.

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_43_0/libs/range/doc/html/index.html

Man, I didn't know they had it.