One document about Go

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Tue Jun 1 14:36:38 PDT 2010

Alex Makhotin wrote:
> In contrast, Microsoft C/C++ does(with opt. /Wall):
>> warning C4390: ';' : empty controlled statement found; is this the
>> intent?
>
> I think it's correct way it should be done.

Warnings are wishy-washy language design. Code should pass, or it should not.
Not sort of, kind of, maybe, depending on switch settings.

Let's say you publish your code with the ; that way. Random users sees your code
in an article. Is it a bug or not? Who knows? Random user downloads your code
and it compiles with warning messages. Is this the intent or not? Who knows?