One document about Go

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 15:32:01 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Walter Bright
<newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> Jérôme M. Berger wrote:
>>
>>        Of course, using a decent editor will prevent it: if the editor is
>> able to handle indentation correctly, it will indent the writeln in
>> the same column as the for which makes the problem appear immediately.
>
> I think it is a serious mistake to design a language that requires a
> syntax-aware editor.

Computer languages exist to make life easier for their human users.
So I keep thinking that rather than limit the language's options in
terms of grammar, it would be better to just provide an easy-to-use
parsing library for the language that makes adding editor support
simple.  What would be the problem with that?

--bb