One document about Go

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Jun 1 15:30:24 PDT 2010

"bearophile" <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote in message
news:hu3pu5$310o$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Jacob Carlborg:
>> Making parenthesis optional in function calls and semicolons make quite
>> a nice delegate literal syntax:
>>
>> loop {
>> // do something
>> }
>
> It looks also like the Ruby blocks. But D seems designed to work with a
> simpler back-end in mind, unable to "digest" delegates.

I've done a little bit of Ruby (writing/maintaining some rakefiles). This
sort of thing seems like a neat idea, but in practice I found it to be
error-prone (ambiguities) and made it a lot harder to visually parse code. I
constantly found myself having to "imagine" the omitted syntax, which just
made the whole feature a wash.