One document about Go

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 20:13:43 PDT 2010

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 21:15:45 -0400, Adam Ruppe wrote:

> On 6/1/10, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:
>> What I do like is what Programmer's Notepad 2 does: when I hit "Enter",
>> it auto-indents the new line exactly the same as the line above it.
>
> Vim does the same. When I'm using some other editor, I always end up
> hitting tab or backspace too many times, expecting this auto-indent and
> ending up getting something else!

to get the "smart" indent in vim cindent is used. This can be customized
in many ways but obviously not what Nick wants.

Personally if vim indents something in a manner I didn't expect is
because my expectations were wrong not the indentation. Also it doesn't
do alignment how I want so that is annoying but has little to do with
indentation.