One document about Go

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Jun 3 04:59:22 PDT 2010

Kagamin:

> bearophile:
>
> > In Go you can omit semicolons at the end of lines, so I presume it's not a terrible thing for C-like languages:
> >
> > In Go you can omit some () for example in "if":
> >
> Do you like to have more than one way to do the same thing and mix them randomly?

I don't. In that summary about the Go document I have listed both feature I'd like to have in D3 (named arguments and multiple return values), and various other things present in Go that I am not interested in or I can live without. Sorry for the confusion, I have to state more clearly what I desire and what I am not interested in at the top of such posts of mine :-)
For example, I prefer to avoid final semicolons if possible, but I have seen languages (like JavaScript) where this feature has led to a situation worse than the original C/Pascal situation, so I am not interested.

Bye,
bearophile