need clarification: will typedef, C struct initialization, etc.

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 10:17:42 PDT 2010

On 6/3/10, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:
> My suggestion is to just improve the built-in typedef, instead of trying to
> implement some hack in D.

Do you consider ALL library solutions to be "hacks"? It sure seems
that way at times.

What we have here is individually useful language features able to
completely replace another, specialized feature, and do even more!
This strikes me as being a supremely elegant solution, not a hack.

Fixing typedef ONLY fixes typedef, whereas fixing the helper
components of Typedef can help a variety of things. If the helper
templates are slow, improving template performance fixes that, and
helps across the board!