Marketing of D - article topic ideas?

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Thu Jun 3 17:54:11 PDT 2010

Thu, 03 Jun 2010 16:58:03 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:

> D is an extremely powerful language, but when I read complaints and
> sighs about other languages, few seem to know that these problems are
> solved with D. Essentially, we have a marketing problem.
>
> One great way to address it is by writing articles about various aspects
> of D and how they solve problems, like
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/cb14j/
compiletime_function_execution_in_d/
>   which was well received on reddit.
>
> Anyone have good ideas on topics for D articles? And anyone want to
> stand up and write an article?
>
> They don't have to be comprehensive articles (though of course those are
> better), even blog entries will do.

Well, I for one, like to know when the D2 will be officially published. I
thought there was a bugfix week and the TDPL was written because D2 is
almost ready and there was supposed to be a big kaboom.

The version number is already at 2.046 but there are maybe 100 bugs
waiting in the bugzilla with patches and the compiler & spec are
seriously broken. When will it be usable? What will be the version number
of the first usable D2 dmd? There was a "huge" D1 release party, but I'm
not sure when it's a good time to move to D2. It's not enough that the
examples from the book work, D needs to be ready for commercial quality
applications. What's the library status? Where are the official
milestones? Future plans? What's happening here?