Marketing of D - article topic ideas?

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Fri Jun 4 05:47:11 PDT 2010

On 2010-06-04 01:58:03 +0200, Walter Bright said:

> D is an extremely powerful language, but when I read complaints and
> sighs about other languages, few seem to know that these problems are
> solved with D. Essentially, we have a marketing problem.
>
> One great way to address it is by writing articles about various
> aspects of D and how they solve problems, like
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/cb14j/compiletime_function_execution_in_d/
>   which was well received on reddit.
>
> Anyone have good ideas on topics for D articles? And anyone want to
> stand up and write an article?
>
> They don't have to be comprehensive articles (though of course those
> are better), even blog entries will do.

I will write a blog article how I used D to write an extension DLL for
the Rebol-3 language. I used the C stuff and ported it over in a couple
of hours.

Being now able to use D on the compile side give totally new possibilities.

On the other hand those articles should focus on those complaints and
sighs topics from other languages and show how elegant D can solve it.
To keep the link.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.robertmuench.de