Marketing of D - article topic ideas?

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 07:09:36 PDT 2010

Walter Bright wrote:

>> I agree with Andrei - write the article!
>
> The most popular blog entry I wrote for DDJ, was the one on converting
> assembler code to C, based on my ongoing trenchwork actually doing it with
> optlink. People like articles about real world meat & potatoes language
> work. So I think your PHP => D experience would make for most interesting
> reading.

A post-mortem style article or blog is nice, reading about the whole experience of the development process is often interesting. I remember one such an article at gamedev.net about D which was highly
appreciated, while normally gamedev.net has a very critical crowd. Showing off cool features generally only works on people already convinced or in the know, for critics it usually evokes a 'so what'
response.

More questions and answers on stackoverflow might help too. I will try to make more use of that myself.