D at shootout.alioth.debian.org

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Sat Jun 5 02:37:17 PDT 2010

Fri, 04 Jun 2010 18:31:31 -0400, bearophile wrote:

> Robert Clipsham:
>> D used to be on there, it was removed due to the lack of native x86-64
>> support when the benchmark was updated to an x86-64 box. I seem to
>> recall them saying until this was sorted D wasn't getting its place on
>> there.
>
> He will probably not add D even if dmd becomes 64 bit. LDC is already
> working on 64 bit.

You sound a bit pessimistic here, son. Why don't you just say it directly
if you think the author is a dickhead? I don't think he is. I think it's
reasonable to wait for official 64-bit packages for the toolchain. It's
totally unreasonable to expect him to compile a custom version of the
toolchain and spend hours on it every few weeks. After all, the other
compilers can be installed with 'apt-get install foofoo'.