Various documentation questions

Bernard Helyer b.helyer at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 06:22:38 PDT 2010

I may be trying to write a D2 compiler in D2 (you can't prove
anything!), it's early days, but I've run into a few things I'd like
clarification on. This won't be the last of these posts, I'm sure of it! *g*

I'm not sure what are bugs, in documentation, in DMD, and in my
understanding.

---

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/module.html#ModuleDeclaration

"module (system) ModuleFullyQualifiedName ;"

This syntax is not accepted by DMD.

---

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/module.html#ImportDeclaration

"static import ImportList ;"

is listed specifically, but static can be found under

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/attribute.html#AttributeSpecifier

which can have a DeclarationBlock afterward, which would include a
single import statement, so surely the former is tautological?

---

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/lex.html#keyword

where do the @keywords fall?

---

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/lex.html#tokens

There is no '**' token listed. I assume this is an omission (and lex it
as a separate token in SDC, and not two '*'s).

---

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/expression.html#PostfixExpression

"PostfixExpression . NewExpression"

Where is that valid?