Marketing of D - article topic ideas?

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 16:06:26 PDT 2010

On 6/5/10, Jeff Nowakowski <jeff at dilacero.org> wrote:
> Why is this interesting? D is a static, compiled, "system" language
> designed to be near the speed of C. PHP is a scripting language, similar
> to Perl, but built to make web coding easier.

The reason I did the benchmarks was because I was talking to someone
about it, and he said "yeah, php sucks, but isn't CGI really slow?" It
isn't, not with D.

If you don't address request speed and scalability, nobody's going to
listen to the other benefits. Opening with a statement like "200%
faster" keeps their attention.

The biggest benefit, however, isn't running speed, but instead code
maintainability.

> If you
> want your article to be taken seriously, you'll have to show code
> written in idiomatic PHP that benefits from being written in idiomatic D.

That's the plan. I'm hoping to write this up next weekend.