Marketing of D - article topic ideas?

ArnoldSSchwartz asschwann at usenet.com
Sat Jun 5 23:07:26 PDT 2010

"Walter Bright" <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:hu9fic$24ic$1 at digitalmars.com...
>D is an extremely powerful language, but when I read complaints and
>sighs about other languages, few seem to know that these problems are
>solved with D. Essentially, we have a marketing problem.
>
> One great way to address it is by writing articles about various
> aspects of D and how they solve problems, like
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/cb14j/compiletime_function_execution_in_d/
> which was well received on reddit.
>
> Anyone have good ideas on topics for D articles? And anyone want to
> stand up and write an article?
>
> They don't have to be comprehensive articles (though of course those
> are better), even blog entries will do.

I think you have and have had good intent (that is not necessarily a
reality, just a hope, I don't trust anyone or believe anything). I don't
diss you. If I had a compiler to build, I'd send out an RFP to you,
maybe. If I had a "task" to fill that required a "language builder", I
wouldn't call on you, knowing what I know about you and this place. I
know you're old, so I won't task you with riddles, so I'll give that
answer: "building a language", is not a task on a project manager's
schedule.

You have kids (I hope!). I think you should put D in maintenance mode
(like C and C++ are).