Marketing of D - article topic ideas?

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Sun Jun 6 10:54:58 PDT 2010

Am 06.06.2010 19:49, schrieb dennis luehring:
> Am 06.06.2010 14:41, schrieb Alex Makhotin:
>>  dennis luehring wrote:
>>>
>>>   with some compiler (like intel/microsoft and borland) related tools,
>>>   example what is needed to bring the different object-formats together
>>
>>  I experienced a runtime access violation on Windows when interoperating
>>  with the DLL created with the MSVC, which attempted to callback DMD
>>  executable. Mingw32 GCC is doing well, however cannot interoparate with
>>  XPCOM. Unless I'm doing something wrong, crosscompiler interoperability
>>  is a problem for me, however such issue have other languages.
>>
>>  If there's a reference on how to face this kind of problems, I would be
>>  glad to have it, like other people which supposed to work with the D.
>>

> perfekt scenario! can you provide us with some "small" example of
> working/non-working constructs? that combined with an more real example
> of the ABI-Usage will have the needed low-level-style for an good
> article/blog entry - Zarathustra got currently some ABI description
> problems in the D.learn group under the delegates with C linkage topic
> maybe we can all put together nice examples, talking about
> objs,assembler,call-styles etc.

what about a large (splitted into smaller ones) article about

1. absolute low level
D -> how to call C (maybe also small C++) examples using mingw,gcc,vs
(different obj formats) and intel - and back (variables, functions,
delegates, strings, etc...)

2. higher abstraction
using Dll-Callbacks, Dll-Calling etc., Win-Api, COM

3. application leven
XPCOM, JNI etc., Dot.Net?

all combined with small "thats the detailed look in assembler, c-style"
"what does microsoft, intel, etc. compiler do"

good idea?