Marketing of D - article topic ideas?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Jun 7 11:06:24 PDT 2010

""Jérôme M. Berger"" <jeberger at free.fr> wrote in message
news:hujboe$tp2$1 at digitalmars.com...
>Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> I actually find that funny. Something in Java that isn't an Object? I
>> remember "Everything's an object!" being paraded around as a selling
>> point.
>>
> Yes, in Java, everything is an object except where that bothered
>the language "designers". There are several such design decisions in
>Java...

Yea, that's a good example of why I've grown a distaste towards
hard-and-fast religious design strategies. The designer inevitably comes
across cases where it just doesn't work particularly well, and then they're
forced to either stay true to their misguided principles by accepting an
awkward problematic design, or contradict their alleged principles and go
with a better design. And when they do the latter, that runs the risk of
causing problems in other areas that had been relying on the old principle
being rigidly followed.