Marketing of D - article topic ideas?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Jun 7 15:00:55 PDT 2010

On 06/07/2010 04:35 PM, "Jérôme M. Berger" wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>>
>>>      In python: max (map (max, args)) should have reasonable
>>> performances and is *much* more elegant...
>>
>> I very much doubt that.
>>
> 	What do you doubt? That it has reasonable performance or that it is
> more elegant?

That it has reasonable performance. Then, there are a number of things
that can't be compared such as figuring out the tightest static types,
something that Python doesn't worry about (at the expense of precision
and performance).

I see such examples as simple illustrations "look, if you give up X, you
gain Y!" - just coming without mentioning X.

Andrei