Marketing of D - article topic ideas?

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 12:58:24 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 14:28, Andrei Alexandrescu <
SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

> This is kind of funny. This works because reduce is defined as follows:
>
> template reduce(alias fun)
> {
>    alias Reduce!(fun).reduce reduce;
> }
>
> I did that to work around some old compiler bugs that have been since
> fixed. I'd initially intended to define reduce like this:
>
> Unqual!E reduce(alias fun, E, R)(E seed, R r) { ... }
>
> but that wouldn't have allowed Nick's alias, which is quite useful. So it
> looks like we have a cool idiom.

Currying in general is always handy to have. The possibility to say

alias map!fun funMapper;

would be cool also. If possible, having this in Phobos would be quite nice.
Bu then, I'm one of those persons that'd like to have

alias take(3) takeThree; // will then work on any range.

Instead of take(range, 3). If find the former to be much more generic.

I liked it so much I defined a small template to invert and curry these
(R,n) functions.

Philippe