Go Programming talk [OT]

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 09:14:51 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu, el  9 de junio a las 09:52 me escribiste:
> >>That's what I like the most about exceptions. I think try/catch is
> >>really ugly though. There has to be something better.
> >>

> >Careful use of scope(exit) and simply avoiding catching exceptions works
> >well for me. Except when you have to catch, of course. :)
>
> Same here. I think a good application only has few try/catch
> statements, so the fact that try is a relatively heavy statement is
> not very important.

I don't feel the same, but that's probably because I mostly write
programs that need to take good care of errors. Maybe the vast majority
of programs can afford exiting with a nice error message catching any
exception at main level (or simply letting the runtime print the
error/stack trace for you).