Trying to build Tango as dynamic library on linux

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Jun 10 03:26:41 PDT 2010

I though I would try to build tango as a dynamic library with dmd on
linux, just as I did on mac. Now, I have basically no experiences at all
developing on linux. I thought that I should try building first before
fixing the known problems. This is the first error I encountered
building tango as a dynamic library:

/usr/bin/ld: libtango.so.1.0: version node not found for symbol _d_throw at 4
/usr/bin/ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
--- errorlevel 1

I first build all the files with dmd using the "-fPIC" flag. Then I
linked them with gcc with this command "gcc -shared
-Wl,-soname,libtango.so.1 -o libtango.so.1.0 <list of object files> -lz
-lbz2"

I have no idea what the above linker error means, "version node not
found..."? I also tried linking with dmd and got the same result. I
didn't get this error building on mac. Does anyone have any idea how to
fix this?

--
/Jacob Carlborg