Go Programming talk [OT] - C is simple enough!???

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 10:26:26 PDT 2010

http://www.realworldtech.com/forums/index.cfm?action=detail&id=110618&threadid=110549&roomid=2

>> He wants a language that context-free, simple, down to the metal.
>> He dislikes C++ b/c it has many abstraction.
>>
>> I think some D experts should post some comments.
>
> I posted a comment. We'll see.

http://www.realworldtech.com/forums/index.cfm?action=detail&id=110634&threadid=110549&roomid=2

He seems to particularly dislike function overloading which is not only part
of D but pretty integral to object-oriented programming in general, so my
guess is that he wouldn't be all that enthused with any object-oriented
language. At minimium, it would have to give him something that he thought
was definitely worth the extra cost of dealing with function overloading.
While D certainly improves greatly on C++ (including in how it deals with
function overloading), it's close enough to C++ that I suspect that he
wouldn't like it either. But of course, he'd have to actually look at D and
then tell us what he thought for us to know for sure.

- Jonathan M Davis