MingW compatibility

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Fri Jun 11 11:45:33 PDT 2010

On 2010-06-11 14:27:27 +0200, Alex Makhotin said:

> Robert M. Münch wrote:
>> On 2010-06-11 13:18:34 +0200, Alex Makhotin said:
>>
>>> Yes, libraries produced with mingw32 GCC link well with binaries
>>> produced with DMD and I didn't notice runtime issues.
>>
>> Perfect! I start to like D more and more...
>>

> Of course I'm talking about dynamic linking. DLL should be made with
> the mingw32 GCC, import library produced with implib tool which is then
> the argument for the linker. Static linking didn't work for me.

:-( And I talked about static linking...

Getting linux based source-code compiled with DMC is quite hard. I use
MSYS and MINGW to compile stuff on windows... not sure if using DMC
instead of GCC will help.

Hmm... that makes some things much more complicate.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.robertmuench.de