C++ and D @ stackoverflow

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 06:15:46 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu, el 12 de junio a las 00:32 me escribiste:
> BCS wrote:
> >http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3024136/link-compatibility-between-c-and-d
>
> I just posted an answer that contains a couple of news.

As I said with your new RefCounted implementation, unless I'm missing
something, there will be problems if you store pointers (or objects that
have pointers) to the GC heap, as you never communicate with the GC.

I don't think is a good idea to include such structures (if I'm not
mistaken), they only piss-off people messing with their memories,
introducing the subtle ugly problems they wanted to avoid coming to
a GC'ed language.

Or at least you should include a *HUGE* disclaimer telling people they
can't store pointers to the GC heap in that structures (unless they have
roots to the same pointed objects in another part of the GC roots, of
course :).