[OT Web 2.0] Do you think free ad's might help advance D?

BCS none at anon.com
Sat Jun 12 07:23:15 PDT 2010

Hello Nick,

> "BCS" <none at anon.com> wrote in message
> news:a6268ff14ed78ccd7c6dbdc2432 at news.digitalmars.com...
>
>> http://blog.stackoverflow.com/2010/06/free-vote-based-advertising-lau
>> nches-second-round/
>>
>> I'm suggesting advertising for dev help not users. But that
>> presupposes that usable work could be found for any takers.
>> you

> This is the part where I fly off the handle bitching about any site
> that incessantly nags non-JavaScript users,

While you many have a good reasons to not using JavaScript, SO (as opposed
to 99% of the sites out there) is not a good example case to support your
reasons with.

> and forces that OpenID crap,

What's wrong with it? Really, I want to know.

> and then start daydreaming about that StackOverflow-frontend
> site that I want to create but will probably never get around to, and
> even if I did they'd probably just send their lawyers after me

BTW, they have a API out and are running an app content (with real prizes)
so you might be able to get it done without any flack.

> and
> [...] 99% of programmers out there would still just
> bitch about how I'm not [...] hop onto and fellatiate any and every idiotic
> tech fad that pops up like all the rest of them are...

Re: JS, I'm not sure about "idiotic" but I think calling it a "fad" is like
calling the Mississippi river a little bit of water.

--
... <IXOYE><