Do you think free ad's might help advance D?

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Sun Jun 13 05:17:53 PDT 2010

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "BCS" <none at anon.com> wrote in message
> news:a6268ff14ed78ccd7c6dbdc2432 at news.digitalmars.com...
>> http://blog.stackoverflow.com/2010/06/free-vote-based-advertising-launches-second-round/
>>
>> I'm suggesting advertising for dev help not users. But that presupposes
>> that usable work could be found for any takers.
>>

> This is the part where I fly off the handle bitching about any site that
> incessantly nags non-JavaScript users, and forces that OpenID crap, and then
> start daydreaming about that StackOverflow-frontend site that I want to
> create but will probably never get around to, and even if I did they'd
> probably just send their lawyers after me and even if they didn't then 99%
> of programmers out there would still just bitch about how I'm not enough of
> a spineless group-think monkey to blindly and excitedly hop onto and
> fellatiate any and every idiotic tech fad that pops up like all the rest of
> them are...
>
> But you do bring up a very good idea for D publicity :)

Huh, who cares <crap/> about your ready disposition to fly off the
handle or not about <shit>. I cannot see the relevancy in your answer to
the OP's post and find it hard to imagine that others would either.
Sure I'm prepared to be corrected.

As for the OP's suggestion about advertising for dev help not users,
well that to me is pie in the sky especially given that D-complete is
not totally open source.  And sure that is Walter's perogative.