Idea: bug-of-the-week club

Graham Fawcett fawcett at uwindsor.ca
Tue Jun 15 10:58:30 PDT 2010

Hi folks,

Would you be interested in starting a "bug-of-the-week club" on the
discussion list?

This list seems to have a good culture of submitting bug reports, and
of referring the bug-bitten to relevant existing reports. But many of
the reports seem to sit on the buglist for several months (or years).
I suspect the core team is too small to adequately address them all in
a timely manner. A semi-formal community process might help.

I propose that the BOTW club (lifetime memberships for all!) selects
an arbitrary bug once every week, and delves into it collectively.
This might lead to positive results: shorter times-to-fix; more
frequent bugfix releases; the contribution of unit tests to prevent
regressions; and a broader understanding of D internals, which might
foster the growth of the core team.

Thoughts?
Graham