Idea: bug-of-the-week club

BCS none at anon.com
Tue Jun 15 19:02:36 PDT 2010

Hello Don,

> BTW - It's worth knowing that a significant part of the effort in
> fixing a bug (maybe 25% of the total time) is in creating a minimal
> test case. I've noticed that very few bug reports have completely
> minimal test cases. Reducing existing test cases is something that
> anyone can do.

Maybe the practice of including a minimal test case as an attachment on bugs
should be adopted. If it was done in a way that can be detected automatically,
them bugs without them could be filtered for and the test cases scraped into
a test suit (so we can tell when a bug vanishes on it's own). For that matter
what would it take to run all .d attachments on open bugs thought each new
version of DMD and attache the results?

--
... <IXOYE><