enforce()?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Jun 16 00:18:03 PDT 2010

Bernard Helyer wrote:
>> You need to read TDPL for that :o).
>
> Please don't start replying to queries in this fashion. Not everyone
> has the wherewithal to get a copy of a book such as TDPL. Especially
> seeing as you're the author, this kind of reply just looks like whoring
> for the book. I'm not saying that's what it is, just what it can look
> like.
>
> I've got TDPL on the way from Amazon, by the way. I just don't want to
> see this reply, and wanted to express my distaste.

All right, all right.

Basically there's a marked difference between contract checking (which
verifies the architectural integrity of a program) and error handling
(which deals with errors that occur in correct programs). Contracts help
with the former, enforce helps with the latter.

The differences are marked enough that TDPL dedicates a separate chapter
to each.

Andrei