Signed word lengths and indexes

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Wed Jun 16 18:08:38 PDT 2010

On 06/16/2010 04:48 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> The people who do understand transitive const and need no convincing
>> are the functional programming crowd. What's interesting are the
>> languages which claim to offer FP features, as that's the latest
>> bandwagon, but totally miss transitive const.
>
> I wish to add that I've not heard any proposal or discussion of adding
> transitive const to C++0x, Java, or C#.

I know the Javari paper was mentioned here by Bruno. Also, the idea of
deep immutability just isn't rocket science and has occurred to many
people, and is why many people have started looking into Haskell given
the new focus on concurrency. However, you're right in that as far as I
know D is the only language to take the ball and run with it.