Improving std.regex(p)

Ben Hanson Ben.Hanson at tfbplc.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 03:23:00 PDT 2010

Hi Andrei,

I am unable to offer to write an entire compile time regex library in D, but it
is certainly an interesting subject for me and would be happy to contribute to
any discussions. I am sure a D implementation could be much more successful
than a C++ TMP DFA producer (see http://old.nabble.com/-regex%2C-xpressive--
interesting(-)-perf-benchmark-to28800789.html#a28815063 - I'm sure you have
already! ;-))

I am not really into D yet, although I've been following this group for a
while. The release of Visual D is a huge improvement and of course I am very
interested in your new book!

Here are the links to the DFA implementations I have done in C++:

http://www.benhanson.net/lexertl.html
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/recipes/wc.aspx

I'm also mulling a possible C# implementation of the wild card matcher,
hopefully emitting CLR byte-codes.

I would be happy to talk to anyone concerning all things DFA (and it would be
intriguing to code up or try some code snippets!)

Regards,

Ben