Is there ANY chance we can fix the bitwise operator precedence rules?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Jun 18 16:37:17 PDT 2010

Jonathan M Davis:
> but requiring that each case end with a break would seriously restrict
> the usefulness of switch statements.

Time ago there was a long thread about this topic (and in the meantime Walter has added the "static switch" that burns the fat chance to add to D2 a second safer switch that fixes both the common kind of bugs caused by C switch statements and not just the enum-switch bugs avoided by the current static switch!) and I am not sure it's right to restart that discussion again. Anyway, can you show me one example where requiring that each case end with a break OR goto restricts the usefulness of switch statements?

Bye,
bearophile