Recent work on Phobos and asking for volunteers

BCS none at anon.com
Fri Jun 18 20:57:27 PDT 2010

Hello Andrei,

> Hello all,
>
> On a related topic, we could use volunteers for other aspects of
> Phobos that could use improvement or are simply missing. Bugzilla is
> clearly there, and there is one component that needs some serious
> work: std.gregorian. It's time to put the politics of the matter
> behind us and simply move forward. I suggest we copy Boost's
> implementation. Jeff Garland, the creator, is willing to help by
> responding to whatever questions we might have. Here's more info from
> him:
>
> =======================
[...]
> :-) =======================
>
> So, if there is anyone who'd want to tackle this project, that would
> be awesome.

On a topic related to that; At my last job I wrote a lib in C# that attempted
to do parsing of natural language date time strings (e.g. "the second Monday
of next month"). It worked sorta, and I got a database of test cases from
a live demo site I put up. While I was there the idea was brought up of open
sourceing it. Now, my current employer has that 20% project thing and proting
and fixing that is one of the things I've considered doing under that program.
If all the legal stuff can be worked out, would anyone be interested in such
a lib?

Even if the rest of the legal stuff falls through, I can almost certainly
donate the database for someone else to work from.

--
... <IXOYE><