MAX_CHAR

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Sat Jun 19 07:08:14 PDT 2010

Ben Hanson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get the maximum char value from a string
> type? I have a template struct which can take string or wstring and
> need to determine the character type from the string type.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

Ben, are you talking about a lexical value space or a value value space?

It might help you to solicit a better answer if you posted some code
such as your template struct, and perhaps some method function signatures.

It would also help if you explained what you mean by a character type as
opposed to a string type.  Are you asking about character encodings such
as UTF-8 or UTF-16 or US-ASCII for example?  Sorry it is not clear in
your question.

On the other hand, are you asking a question about the D type system
because, sorry AFAIK, D does not have a type system that is amenable to
formal analysis and in this case any answers would be meaningless.

Cheers
Justin Johansson